Basic Theology: Sufficiency of Scriptures Part 04 - The commandment of the Lord

 4. The commandment of the Lord

Previous: Sufficiency of Scriptures Part 04

V 8, The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

The commandment of the Lord is pure/clear.

The word commandment is divine decrees. This shows that the Word of God emphasized on its authority.

The Word of God is not a lot of suggestions, but it is commandments and its binding.

God requires us to obey His commandments and for those who respond, there is a blessing and for those who do not, there is judgment.

The Word of God which comes to us as commandment from God, “is clear.”
It’s not mystifying, confusing and puzzling.

When there is darkness in the world, and you can’t understand what’s going on?
You don’t know why things are happening the way they are, what makes it clear to you?
Answer: The Word of God, it can only make things clear.

Remember the life of Job?

✓ To be able to see truth in this dark world,
✓ Struggling to know what truth is,
✓ To be able to understand what is right and wrong,
✓ To be able to understand and
✓ To be comforted in times when we can’t comprehend.

Things not readily seen to our natural eyes are revealed in the Word of God.

The Word of God is all the revelation we need.
It is clear.
It is easy to understand.
It leaves no doubt as to necessary truth.

Proverbs 6:23, “The commandment is a lamp and teaching is life.”

Is the Bible so insufficient to show us these things for our life? Or should we have to depend on worldly wisdom?
Do we have to go to men to ask them to explain what’s happening?
Do we need further revelation?
Do we need psychoanalysis for spiritual problems from sources that long have rejected Scripture as even a source of truth?

Is the Bible so incomplete that we must turn to,
    ➢ science to explain origin,
    ➢ philosophy to explain life, and
    ➢ sociology to explain sin?
No not at all.
All the light of life is in the Word of God.

Psalm 119:52, I remembered Your judgments of old, O Lord, And have comforted myself.

Psalm 119:59, I thought about my ways, And turned my feet to Your testimonies.

Psalm 119:81-83, My soul faints for Your salvation, But I hope in Your word. 82 My eyes fail from searching Your word, Saying, “When will You comfort me?” 83 For I have become like a wineskin in smoke, Yet I do not forget Your statutes.

Psalm 119:86, All Your commandments are faithful; They persecute me wrongfully; Help me!

Psalm 119:92, Unless Your law had been my delight, I would then have perished in my affliction.

Psalm 119:105, Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

Psalm 119:130, The entrance of Your words gives light; It gives understanding to the simple.

Psalm 119:140, Your word is very pure; Therefore Your servant loves it.

Psalmist declares that the Word is sufficient to give me the information I need.
It lightens the dark way.
It gives me understanding.

The Scripture’s sufficient for salvation,
    ✓ sufficient for skill in living,
    ✓ sufficient for joy,
    ✓ happiness,
    ✓ satisfaction, and
    ✓ sufficient for clear understanding of things not easily understood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Theology: Index

Basic Theology: Election

Jewish Wedding Parallel - Second Coming of Jesus - John 14:1-3