The Election of Jerusalem



God also elected (chose) Jerusalem to be His city proving that election has nothing to do with eternal life.

2 Chronicles 6:6, Yet I have chosen Jerusalem, that My name may be there, and I have chosen David to be over My people Israel.’

1 Kings 8:44, “When Your people go out to battle against their enemy, wherever You send them, and when they pray to the Lord toward the city which You have chosen and the temple which I have built for Your name,

1 Kings 11:32, (but he shall have one tribe for the sake of My servant David, and for the sake of Jerusalem, the city which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel),

1 Kings 11:36, And to his son I will give one tribe, that My servant David may always have a lamp before Me in Jerusalem, the city which I have chosen for Myself, to put My name there.

Psalms 132:13, For the Lord has chosen Zion; He has desired it for His dwelling place.

In all of these verses we see that God has chosen or elected Jerusalem for a purpose and the word election does not entail eternal life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Theology: Index

Basic Theology: Election

Jewish Wedding Parallel - Second Coming of Jesus - John 14:1-3